0 2 min 7 dys
Share


QUETTA:

A blast targeted Jaffar Express on Friday, injuring at least eight passengers, two of them seriously, and derailing two bogeys of the train near the Mach area in the Kachhi district of Balochistan, Levies sources said on Friday.

The nature of the blast was still unknown, according to the sources. They added that the explosion damaged two bogies of the train as well as the railway track. They also said that the injured passengers had been taken to Sibi, where two of them were stated to be in serious condition.

The Frontier Corps (FC) and Levies personnel reached the spot and cordoned off the area to start an investigation. Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Quddoos Bizenjo stated that “the culprits behind the incident should be brought to justice”.

Train service was suspended after the blast due to which women, children and elderly people faced difficulties. Security was tightened at the spot to avoid any other untoward incident. “Train service will be restored on urgent basis and injured will get timely treatment,” Provincial Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langu stated.

This incident took place three days after a 12-inch gas pipeline was blown up in the mountains of the Bolan district, causing suspension of gas supply to the provincial capital of Quetta and other areas of Balochistan.



Read original article here

DMCA compliant image

Denial of responsibility! Gulehri.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@gulehri.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *