Want to know how to tame Fortnite wildlife? While the battle royale game has changed a lot since their introduction, these critters survived the island flipping upside-down. There have been minor changes to how animals behave in Fortnite in the newest season, most notably for the wolves and boars.
Currently, five Fortnite wildlife types roam around the battle royale game. You can find them all across the Fortnite map, some commonly found near rivers and others near mountains and farms. While both the frogs and crows are the same harmless and adorable beasts from previous seasons, Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 3 granted you the ability to ride more hostile beasts, namely the wolves and boars, for the first time.
While they’ve been part of the game for quite a while, we still recommend that you rebind your controls to charge and dismount when you ride them. You can find these key bindings in the options menu under the rideable control settings. While you can heal animals by feeding them with thrown food or using a Chug Splash, you can’t easily replenish stamina, so make sure you don’t get caught out if your animal gets too tired. Your animal will follow you at a snail’s pace if it runs out of stamina, but it will eventually regain its composure, allowing you to ride it again.
Fortnite animals bestiary
Here are all of the Fortnite animals you can find:
- Chickens – drops meat upon death. You can pick them up and jump to glide for a short time.
- Boars – drops meat upon death. Rideable and eats vegetables.
- Wolves – drops meat upon death. Rideable and eats meat.
- Crows – usually glowing pink or orange, dropping a weapon of that rarity when dropped.
- Jellyfish – close to Shattered Slabs, these emit Chug Splash or a shockwave effect upon their demise.
How to tame wolves in Fortnite
Wolves are hostile creatures Here is how to tame wolves in Fortnite:
- Kill any animal and pick up its meat.
- Find a wolf or raptor and hold the aim button while the meat is equipped. Fire it to throw the meat.
- Wait for the animal to slowly approach the meat, then run up to it and hold the interact button to tame it.
The wolf is now your rideable sidekick for a little while and can sprint quickly. However, it is somewhat more fragile than the boar, and you sadly cannot pet the wolf.
How to tame Boars in Fortnite
Here is how to tame boars in Fortnite:
- Head to any area with gatherable fruit or vegetables. You can also raid fruit boxes in any retail store.
- Find a boar and throw the fruit or veg by aiming and pressing the fire button.
- Wait for the boar to begin to approach the fruit or veg
- Run up to the boar and press the prompt to ride it.
You can now ride the boar for a short time. While the boar can take a fair bit of damage, it’s not the fastest of the two steeds.
Whichever beast you choose, you should now know how to tame Fortnite wildlife. While you’re here, why not check out our guides on the latest Fortnite weapons or how to earn free Fortnite V-bucks so you can afford to buy more Fortnite skin customisations.
Denial of responsibility! Gulehri.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.